- 6 chapters, namely Letters, Numbers, Basic Punctuations, Special Symbols, Alphabetic Wordsigns and Short Forms.
- teaches strategically Braille of all 26 letters of the English alphabet, numbers 0 - 9, 12 most frequently used punctuation marks, 8 most frequently used special symbols, 23 alphabetic word signs and 75 short-form words.
- in Chapter Letters, there are 17 levels teaching and training all the 26 letters in the English alphabet and 6 challenges testing your knowledge.
- in Chapter Numbers, there are 4 levels teaching and training numbers 0 - 9 and 1 challenge testing your knowledge.
- in Chapter Basic Punctuations, there are 5 levels teaching and training 12 most frequently used punctuation marks and 2 challenges testing your knowledge.
- in Chapter Special Symbols, there are 4 levels teaching and training 8 most frequently used special symbols and 2 challenges testing your knowledge.
- in Chapter Alphabetic Wordsigns, there are 4 levels teaching and training 23 alphabetic word signs and 2 challenges testing your knowledge.
- in Chapter Short Forms, there are 6 levels teaching and training 75 short-form words and 3 challenges testing your knowledge.
- on the Explore page, you can click and see the Braille representations of all the 26 letters, numbers 0 - 9, 12 punctuation marks and 8 special symbols.
- after passing all the levels and challenges in one chapter, you can get a certificate on the Certificate page.
- on the Settings page, you can switch on and off button sound, key sound, button vibration, key vibration vibration on error and keyboard layout.
- more learning and training materials will be added in the future updates.
- works completely offline.
Braille is a system of touch reading and writing for visually impaired people, in which raised dots represent the letters of the alphabet, numbers, punctuation marks, special symbols and so on. It is named after its creator, Louis Braille, a Frenchman who lost his sight in his childhood and later developed a code for the French alphabet. These characters have rectangular blocks called cells which have tiny bumps called raised dots. The number and arrangement of these dots distinguish one character from another.
What’s Braille Academy?
Braille Academy is developed to help those who are curious about and interested in learning the Braille system. The two key teaching concepts are gradual introduction and focused repetition. The learning material is categorized into chapters and then levels to ensure efficient learning and training. If you are not particularly interested in Braille but in training and improving your memory in general, Braille Academy is also a useful tool.
Levels and challenges?
In short, a level focuses on introducing new characters with a small amount of repetition while a challenge trains what you’ve learnt already. In a level, you can click the INFO BUTTON (on the left) to read some TIPS and the hint button (on the right) to see the correct answer. The hints are infinite and always free. In a challenge, you can’t use the hint button anymore and you must make less than 3 mistakes to pass it.
In conclusion, I wish you a lot of success and a lot of fun in learning Braille!