Heart Buddy continuously monitors the heart rate and raises an alarm when it detects a low or high heart rate. This could be indicative of a seizure, a problem with a pacemaker, or other heart problems.
Heart Buddy is totally free: no subscriptions, no adverts, complete access to all advanced features. Heart Buddy is already helping people and it can help you too.
• Continuous, realtime monitoring of the heart rate throughout the whole night, the day and wherever you go.
• Customise Heart Buddy's alarms: including those for high/low heart rates; low battery; signal loss; and more.
• Heart rates displayed on charts and updated as each heart rate is collected from the sensor.
• Heart Buddy be remotely controlled by a second Apple device over the Wi-Fi network to overcome the 10 metre limitation imposed by Bluetooth.
• Heart rates saved on the device and optionally in the cloud.
• Review heart rate charts from those saved in your history to spot patterns and gain valuable insight to heart rate behaviour.
• Share heart charts to your other devices, family, or email them to healthcare professionals.
• The Heart Zones feature keeps you informed of heart rate changes without even needing to look at the app.
• Optionally connect your phone/iPad to a bluetooth speaker to allow alarms to be heard remotely, elsewhere in the home.
HEALTH APP INTEGRATION:
Heart Buddy may save the heart rates that it collects from your bluetooth sensor to your health data. You need to allow Heart Buddy permission in your privacy settings if you would like to take advantage of this feature.
COMPATIBLE HEART RATE SENSOR:
• Heart Buddy requires an external sensor to operate, such as: the Wahoo TickR Fit; Polar Heart Sensor; or any low-energy bluetooth (BTLE) heart rate sensor.
• The battery life for the Wahoo Tickr Fit sensor is up to 30 hours which means Heart Buddy can monitor the heart rate overnight without interruption.
• FitBit devices do not provide a continuous heart rate and are not suitable for monitoring the heart rate in real time.
What's new in v1.2.1
Further improvements to the Remote Control monitor.