MarsEdit is the best way to write, preview, and publish your blog.
Free to download! Unlock a free trial in the app, purchase a full license, or continue to use the app for free to maintain an archive on your Mac and work locally with your published blog posts.
- Works with WordPress, Micro.blog, Tumblr, TypePad, Movable Type and dozens of other systems that support standard MetaWeblog and AtomPub interfaces.
- Work offline with local drafts on your Mac, preview the formatting and content of your posts, and publish when you're ready to share with the world.
- Easily browse for a photo from your iPhoto, Aperture, or Lightroom libraries, and embed it for automatic upload with your blog post.
- Avoid common browser-based problems like losing your edits by navigating to another page, poor spelling for lack of a spell checker, etc.
- Perfect for professional bloggers and casual writers who don't want to mess around with clunky web-based interfaces. If you're lucky enough to have a Mac, nothing is more powerful or more elegant than MarsEdit.
- Write in Rich Text "WYSIWYG" that will be converted automatically to HTML when you publish, or hand-tune the HTML in a syntax-highlighted code editor. Markdown fan? Write in Markdown in the HTML editor and see a live-preview of the HTML rendering in the preview window.
- Compatible with macOS 10.12 or higher.
Coming to the Mac from Windows? MarsEdit is similar to Live Writer, the popular Windows blog editor, but differs in some ways. Ask around and read MarsEdit reviews to decide if MarsEdit is right for you.
What's new in v4.3.6
Version 4.3.6 contains the following changes:
• Adapt to changes at Blogger.com that require MarsEdit to drop support for the service
• Images can now be pasted directly into the Featured Image field
• Changes to default media size constraints no longer requires typing the "pt" units after the numeric value
• Fix a bug that caused post editor's sidebar width to change to match the preview template editor's width
• Fix a bug that could cause autoresizing text fields to not grow or shrink to match text
• Fix a crash that could occur if a blog is deleted while it still has active network operations running
Version 4.3.5 included these changes:
• The app now notices if it's been moved or renamed after launching, and prompts to relaunch
• Fixed a crash that could happen when resizing the post editor window
• Fixed a bug where the display name of a title-less post was not updating
• Prevent the post editor window from being sized too small to show categories
Version 4.3.4 was a quick fix for a crashing bug introduced in 4.3.3.
Version 4.3.3 included these changes:
| Bug Fixes & Enhancements |
• Fix a bug where the cursor jumped to the beginning of document when undoing in Rich Rext
• "Ask Text" formatting macro placeholders no longer default to the pasteboard contents
• Fix a typo and rework wording of the new blog panel
| Accessibility Improvements |
• Improve VoiceOver support in the "Add Blog" panel
• Remove a superfluous column from the Categories table that showed up in VoiceOver
• Improve VoiceOver announcement of the Preview Window when using default preview template
Version 4.3.2 included these changes:
• Fix a problem that caused some icons to appear fuzzy or too large in the blog list
• Fix an issue that caused the built-in crash reporter to fail to launch for some users
• Refine the error message when uploading an image to Blogger fails because of their disabled API
Version 4.3.1 included these changes:
• Fix a crash when a blog has a favicon that cannot be rendered
• Fix a crash when opening some posts from Nifty Cocolog blogs
• Fix a visual glitch in the Find/Replace panel
• Fix a bug that prevented system highlight color from applying to Rich Text in Dark Mode
Version 4.3 contained a number of improvements to MarsEdit's media handling and general usability:
| Improvements to handling of uploaded GIF images |
• Support resizing animated GIFs while preserving animation
• Fix a bug that caused some GIF images to be uploaded as empty files
• Fix a bug where GIF images uploaded to Tumblr blogs were converted to PNG format
| Interface improvements |
• Refine Dark Mode support in the Media Manager
• Fix a bug that prevented a visual divider line from appearing in Media Manager
• Change the "New Category" placeholder text to a subtler style
• Improve status messages when refreshing blog
• Revised Preferences layout to unify General and Editing into single "General" tab
| Other improvements |
• Fix a crash that could occur when undoing after "Restore Default" in the Quick Posts template editor
• Fix the size of preview window content to match what is seen in web browsers
• Fix a missing image MarsEdit Help in Text Filters documentation
• Support new Micro.blog distinction between created and modified dates on posts
• Fix a bug that could cause additional image markup to be entered when adding a photo to a Tumblr post
If you have a minute, please leave a rating or review in the App Store. It means a lot.
Questions or concerns about the app? Get in touch at email@example.com. Thank you!