Scan, monitor, and troubleshoot wireless networks with WiFi Explorer.
Quickly identify channel conflicts, signal overlapping or configuration problems that may be affecting the connectivity and performance of your home, office or enterprise wireless network.
Get an insight into the network details: name (SSID), MAC address (BSSID), device manufacturer, signal strength (RSSI), noise, channel, band, security configuration, supported data rates, 802.11 information elements (IE), and much more.
• Suitable for home, small office, or enterprise networks
• Easy-to-use, intuitive user interface
• Graphical visualization of the Wi-Fi environment
• Supports 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands as well as 20, 40, 80 and 160 MHz channels
• Works with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax networks
• Comprehensive app's help
• Signal quality ratings based on signal-to-noise ratio (SNR)
• Accurate conversion from dBm to percentage (%) for easier analysis and optimization
• Detailed description of information elements (IE) advertised by the access point for advanced troubleshooting
• Export metrics and network details to CSV file format
• Save results for later review and analysis
• Access point name discovery (if supported)
• Editable column for labels or annotations
• Selectable and sortable columns
• Adjustable graph timescales
• Quick filtering
• Customizable colors for easily tracking particular networks
• Full screen mode and split view support
Requires a Mac with built-in Wi-Fi. External Wi-Fi adapters are not supported.
What's new in v2.5.4
• Fixed issues introduced after enabling sandboxing, such as inability to save or open scan results and other file-related operations.
• Improved recommendations for certain network configurations.
New in version 2.5.3:
• Added Touch Bar support. You can now start/stop the scan, as well as quickly apply filters using the Touch Bar.
• Added support for Mist AP names.
• Added ability to filter by channel range. You can now use, for example, the filter expression 36-48 to display only the networks configured on channels 36, 40, 44 or 48.
• Fixed some issues when resizing the main window.
• Fixed appearance of checkboxes and other UI components when using dark mode in macOS Mojave 10.14.
• Other minor UI tweaks and enhancements.
If you find WiFi Explorer useful and have a couple of minutes, please share your thoughts by leaving a review in the Mac App Store. It will make a huge difference to me!
Found a problem or have a concern? Please visit the WiFi Explorer Support website, or @wifiexplorer on Twitter, and send me a message so we can resolve it.