PolyNome gives you all the tools you need for practice, teaching, rhythm composing, and live performance.
The free Public Library provides hundreds of user-created Presets and practice routines to inspire you.
NOTE: This is the same app as PolyNome but with the Pro in-app update features already enabled.
• Practice with full drum grooves instead of a boring click
• Create polyrhythms in seconds
• Test your timing with random muting
• Download 100s of free Presets and Playlists from the Public Library
• Program drum line parts with flams, drags, ties and rolls
• Share Presets/Playlists with friends/students (a great tool for music teachers)
• Create and print setlists and use it to count off songs.
• Upgrade to Pro and get voice counting, Konnakol, 6-octave keyboard, and much more
• Metronome with faders for beat subdivisions
• 2 fully programmable independent sequencers (any rhythm, sound, accent combinations)
• Program ANY rhythm from a simple click to a full groove (per sequencer)
• Super fast tempo entry and Tap Tempo
• BIG NUMBERS
• Randomise rhythms and sounds for ear training and groove creation
• Variable swing setting
• Any time signature
• Auto stop with rep counter
• Countdown timer with alarm
• Practice Events are logged. You can add notes to your events
• Subdivisions from whole note to 32nd notes with EVERYTHING in between
• Flams, Drags, Ruffs, Diddles, Rolls, Ties, Accents
• Haptic pulse (on supported devices)
• Audiobus compatible
• AirTurn bluetooth pedal compatible
PRO FEATURES (included)
• Track your practice time. View charts of what you've worked on. Set goals, and more.
• Record/Export audio file
• 200+ more sounds, including DrumLine
• 6 Octave Piano Keyboard for creating quick melodic ideas
• Konnakol Entry!
• Import setlists from Tempo or Tempo Adv
• Create band setlists with count-offs and song notes
• If you enter the lengths of the songs, PolyNome calculates the set length as you add them!
• Email or AirPrint perfectly formatted band set-lists right from PolyNome
• Create songs/clicks with multiple tempos or time signatures
• Create a "Cue Track" by turning on Auto Announce. This will announce each new item when it starts (or 1 bar before if you prefer)
• Create practice routines
• Auto tempo change options for creating quick warm-up/cool-down routines
• Tempo Boundaries allow you to automatically increase/decrease bpm between set tempos
• Advanced voice counting helps you when working on odd-time signatures
• Subdivision counting for 16th notes, triplets, or 8th notes
• Auto-Counting adds voice count to your rhythms!
• PolyNome logs each preset you play, how long you played it for, and the tempo at which you played it
• View statistics and graphs showing you what you need to work on the most
• Add notes to the Daily Practice Log to help you remember how a practice session went
• Test your timing with random muting of notes or bars
PolyNome is used by the world's top musicians including Peter Erskine, Virgil Donati, Chris Coleman, Vinnie Colaiuta, Dave Weckl, Dennis Chambers and Will Lee.
What people are saying about PolyNome:
Peter Erskine (Steely Dan, Weather Report, Steps Ahead, Kate Bush):
“PolyNome is great for teaching, practicing and rehearsing. Tempo input by way of the number pad is a terrific feature, and the subdivision possibilities are endless. Plus, this is the only metronome I’ve used that you can actually LEARN from. Simple and brilliant: simply brilliant.”
What's new in v2.5.4
There are some great new features for you in 2.5.4!
The bullets are below. You can find out more details in the Help file under What's New.
•Option to hide Seq2 when in Landscape on iPhone.
•Polyrhythm moved to main menu. When you create a Polyrhythm, whatever you were working on will be saved and the default Polyrhythm preset will be loaded and populated with default polyrhythm sounds. If you modify sounds and save, those new sounds will be used for future polyrhythms. If you delete the Polyrhythm preset in the Presets Library it will be re-created with default sounds next time you create a polyrhythm.
Edit Pattern Page
•You can split a sticking in Line 1 (e.g. RLRRLRRR) by long pressing on an empty Line 2 and choosing "Move Stickings From Line 1".
Super Quick Tempo
•If PolyNome is stopped when you load the Quick Tempo Entry page, the bottom right button becomes a play button for super quick starting.
•When you have an accented roll (notated with slashes), only the first note of the roll will be accented.
•Open hi-hats will only be cut short by other hi-hat sounds on the same line.
•Ruffs and Drags on hi-hats now work properly.
•Long press an item to jump to edit mode with that item selected. From there you can quickly rearrange, or loop selected items
•New "Save In Playlist" option when you choose "Save As" from the Disk Button menu on the main page (if there's a Playlist loaded). This makes creating a Playlist with multiple items VERY fast.
•If you have a Playlist item loaded and you changing tempo/loops/timer on the main page, PolyNome will not prompt you to save when you load another playlist item. Swiping to the main page and tapping the "reps" button is a quick way to loop and work on a single item from a Playlist.
•When editing a Playlist you can now see the reorder handles
•The Paste Attributes page now has the ability to Paste both Seq1 and Seq2 attributes at the same time, or paste attributes from one sequencer into both
•Opening PolyNome in split screen on an iPad? I finally fixed the bug where everything was messed up!
•Fixed accent levels when playing back within a playlist.
•Fixed bug where Playlist scrolling became unresponsive after playing for a while.
If you enjoy PolyNome and have time to leave or update a review, it's really appreciated.
Thanks again for using PolyNome.