FabFilter Pro-C 2 is a professional compressor plug-in with very high quality sound, flexible side chain options, beautiful program-dependent compression styles and a stunning user interface.
The Pro-C 2 app filters the microphone input and plays it back in real-time. To use Pro-C 2 as a plug-in, you need an AUv3-compatible host app like Auria, AUM or Cubasis. Pro-C 2 will appear in the list of Audio Unit extensions for effect plug-ins in the host app.
- Eight different compression style: Clean, Classic, Opto, Vocal, Mastering, Bus, Punch and Pumping
- Polished and user-friendly interface, with (optional) animated level knee displays and accurate peak/loudness metering
- Side-chain EQ section, with customizable HP and LP filters, plus an additional freely adjustable filter
- Program-dependent attack and release curves
- Variable lookahead (up to 20 ms), which can be enabled/disabled to ensure zero-latency processing
- Intelligent Auto Gain
- Hold (up to 500 ms)
- Custom knee, variable from hard knee to a 72 dB soft knee (to enable saturation-like effects)
- Auto Release
- Up to 4x oversampling
- Variable stereo linking and mid/side processing, with mid-only, side-only, M > S and S > M processing
- Audition Triggering option, which enables users to hear on which parts of the audio FabFilter Pro-C 2 is triggering and how much compression is being applied
- Range setting, which limits the maximum applied gain change
- Mix setting, which scales the gain change from 0% to 200%
- Accurate, large level and gain meters, with peak and loudness level visualization (which complies with the Momentary mode of the EBU R128 / ITU-R 1770 standards)
- External side-chain triggering
- Optional MIDI triggering
- Undo/redo and A/B comparison
"Pro-C 2 is set to become a staple of many professionals' toolkits. Everyone needs a good compressor, and there are few as good as this. A future classic. Verdict: 10/10!"
— MusicTech Magazine
"From its excellent sound quality to its extensive feature set and in- formative interface, the Pro-C 2 is a must-have dynamics processor."
— Electronic Musician
What's new in v2.10
Small bug fixes and improvements.