MUV turns sustainable mobility into a sport.
How does it work?
The game is simple, you get points every time you move in a sustainable way: walking, biking or using public transportation.
As in sports, the more you play, the faster you level up (from Newbie to Star) and the higher attention you get from sponsors.
As a NEWBIE, each week you’ll play a WEEKLY CHALLENGE among your friends, your neighbours and the whole world community and if you’ll reach the top 3, you’ll get rewarded with trophies and medals.
Meanwhile, you can improve your skills by completing the TRAINING SESSIONS, the only way to level up and became ROOKIE, PRO and finally STAR.
From time to time, if you play well, SPECIAL TRAINING SESSIONS might appear: if you enrol and complete them you’ll obtain real gifts. No virtual badges. Real stuff.
By reaching higher levels, you’ll be selected to represent your city in the CITY TOURNAMENT, you’ll be able to join a team and try your hand at the TEAM TOURNAMENT and experience other amazing game dynamics we co-designed together with more than 150 people from 6 different cities in Europe.
But what’s the real deal here?
This game can make your neighbourhood a better place.
MUV promotes a shift towards more responsible and healthy mobility choices by engaging in a positive way local communities, local supporting organizations and policymakers.
By playing MUV you will produce data. This data will be made available to your municipality in anonymous and aggregate form. This fosters the debate on active mobility and encourages city planners to design more effective (not-for-car) urban policies. Open datasets will also be released.
MUV is an action research project funded by the European Commission under the call Horizon 2020 MG-4.5-2016. The project is part of CIVITAS, the initiative to promote sustainable and innovative transports in European cities.
Our goal is to turn citizens smarter and urban mobility happier.
What's new in v1.34
great news, the first Sustainable City Tournament is about to start!
From June 3rd and for 7 weeks the players of Amsterdam, Barcelona, Fundão, Ghent, Helsinki, Palermo, Roma and Teresina will compete to determine the most sustainable city.
In addition, here’s a list of the amazing stuff you’ll find:
- New onboarding: now you can create a MUV account in a couple of clicks. Can't you believe it? Just try it!
- City page: now every MUV city has its own dedicated page showing active users and the level of sustainability.
- Special Trainings: every week, new gifts and discounts offered by our local partners are released. Take up the challenge and start getting yourself rewarded!
- New Feedback System: besides letting us know when something goes wrong with your MUVer experience, now you can use the app to report about your city.
- New local avatars: Munich and Gent, here we are!"