Spectrum is a collection of 3 Audio Unit synthesizers and one Audio Unit effect. It is completely free.
Spectrum is based on popular eurorack synthesizer modules made by Mutable Instruments.
Included are four audio units:
Spectrum - Multi-mode 8-voice polyphonic oscillator featuring 14 high quality oscillator algorithms
Modal - Modal synthesis. Bowed, Blowed, and Struck sounds through a 64-band resonator. Also included as an effect.
Resonator - 7 beautiful string generation algorithms. Also included as an effect
Granular - Granular sampler, looper, pitch shifter, reverb effect. Note that Granular is an Audio Unit effect, not an instrument, so it goes in an effect slot.
To use Spectrum, load the Audio Units in your DAW or AU host of choice, like Audiobus, GarageBand or AUM. The app itself makes no sound.
Each audiounit also features:
- modulation LFO featuring tempo sync, key reset, reset phase adjustment
- modulation ADSR envelope
- XY touchpad (except on Modal)
- 2-source modulation matrix allowing for complex and evolving patches.
- MIDI CC control of parameters
- Resonator and Modal are also loadable as an AudioUnit effect
Spectrum contains DSP code provided under the MIT open source license by Mutable Instruments.
What's new in v0.5
Fixes errors in MIDI CC mapping introduced in 0.4.