Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
CREATE MEMORABLE MULTI-MEDIA NOTES
• Work with a variety of note-taking, journaling, and drawing tools like ink, highlighter, text, and audio.
• Leave room for ideas with infinite page scroll.
• Mark up imported or scanned textbooks, documents, forms, and images.
• Add photos, GIFs, web pages, and more.
STAY ORGANIZED, PAPER-FREE
• Go paperless and keep your notes with you, without the weight, the hassle or the waste.
• Group notes with customizable subjects and dividers.
• Quickly search handwriting*, typed text, PDF text, image text, and note titles.
• Secure notes using Face ID and Touch ID.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH NATURALLY
• Create custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Ink is fine-tuned for the Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet, including double-tap gesture for switching tools, erasing, and more.
• Easily create perfect shapes.
• Precisely erase freehand ink or shapes with varied brush sizes.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Notes are automatically synced with audio recordings so you can replay what was said while you wrote.
SHARE IDEAS IN PRESENTATION MODE
• Present ideas in full screen without distracting toolbars when connected to an external display.
• Engage the audience with all of Notability's tools including a Laser Pointer.
• Use Multi-Note to view a secondary note that stays hidden from the audience while presenting.
DO MORE WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes with the Note Switcher.
• Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, and more between notes.
• Full-featured, left-aligned typing with word count and a wide range of fonts, custom fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
• Save time with keyboard shortcuts.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so information stays private.
• Annotate imported pictures, lecture slides, and meeting agendas, or complete class assignments.
• Easily create searchable multi-page PDFs using the built-in Document Scanner.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac, or to retrieve previous versions of your notes.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, WebDAV, and OneDrive are all supported!
*Available for in-app purchase (included with Education Volume Purchase Program):
SEARCH AND CONVERT HANDWRITTEN NOTES
• Search for handwritten words from the Library and in the note view in any of our 15 supported languages.
• Convert handwriting to text.
• It all happens on your device, so your information stays private.
Mac app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
What's new in v9.3.5
*** What's New in 9.3.5 ***
• Fixed an issue where the toolbar could become unresponsive
• Fixed a potential crash when dismissing a tooltip
• Fixed an issue where zooming could cause the note contents to disappear
***What’s new in Notability 9.3***
• Present a note to an external display in full screen without toolbars and menus
• Note will crop to the external display aspect ratio so you know what’s being presented
• Laser Pointer
• Use Multi-Note to view a secondary note that stays hidden from the audience while presenting
Single Page Mode:
• Flip through a note horizontally one page at a time
• Works well with Presentation Mode, so pages feel like slides
• Larger page up/down arrows
• Zoom Box can now be enabled with a finger tap while using Apple Pencil